Home > Academic > APEL
“WE RECOGNISE YOUR LEARNING FROM EXPERIENCE”
APEL (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning) is a systematic process which involves the IDENTIFICATION, DOCUMENTATION, and ASSESSMENT of prior experience related to a study programme.
APEL is a systematic process that involves the identification, documentation and assessment of prior experiential learning, i.e. knowledge, skills and attitudes, to determine the extent to which an individual has achieved the desired learning outcomes, for access to a programme of study and/or award of credits.
APEL established to provide an alternative entry to those who have less formal education sufficient to pursue higher. APEL encourage individuals to improve their knowledge continually leading to the award of a formal qualification certificate. This in turn will provide a better chance in the career development of the individual.
APEL provides an opportunity for individual with working experience but lack of formal academic qualifications to pursue their studies in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). In general, knowledge obtained through formal education and working experience will be both assessed in APEL’s assessment. At the moment, APEL in Malaysia can only be used as an entry requirement for the following levels of qualification;
- Level 4 MQF (Diploma);
- Level 6 MQF (Bachelors Degree); and
- Level 7 MQF (Masters Degree).
APEL (A) Certification Process
- Self-Assessment : Qualified the entry requirement
- Submission Application : Submit application form with bank draft to MQA. Register here: http://www2.mqa.gov.my/APEL/APEL_A/CheckDaftar.cfm
- Aptitude Test : Passed aptitude test
- Portfolio Presentation : Passed portfolio presentation/interview
- APEL Certificate : Received APEL certificate from MQA
- Admission Application : Attach a copy of certificate during submission of documents for admission application
- Offer Letter : Offer letter will be issue once get the approval from the faculty and IPS
For APEL (A) Details Click : http://www2.mqa.gov.my/APEL/APEL_A/APELBrosur_A.cfm
For APEL (C) Details Click : http://www2.mqa.gov.my/APEL/APEL_A/APELBrosur.cfm
Ms Marmy Roshaidah Mohd Salleh
Tel : +606-551 2022
Fax: +606 – 551 2001
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
Branch Campus Malaysian Institute of Chemical & Bioengineering Technology (UniKL MICET)
Lot 1988, Kawasan Perindustrian Bandar Vendor, Taboh Naning,
78000 Alor Gajah, Melaka.
+606 – 551 2011
+606 – 551 2001
CONNECT WITH #uniklmicetofficial