* All information is provided by CQA.
* All information is correct at the time of publication. UniKL reserves the right to make changes to the programmes offered and its content without prior notice. Programmes will be offered subject to MQA approval.
Diploma in Chemical Engineering Technology
Diploma Teknologi Kejuruteraan Kimia
As Industrial Revolution 4.0 such as additive manufacturing, advanced material, big data, and advanced simulation continue to redefine industrial production, Malaysia’s chemical industry is increasingly searching for highly skilled manpower with Industry 4.0-ready skill sets to enhance its transformation.
In order support this, UniKL MICET will begin offering a 2.5-year diploma programme in Chemical Engineering Technology (DCET) in July 2021. The curriculum is designed to produce manpower with the requisite skills for economic and national development of the nation. The four major specialisations in the program are Sustainable Process Engineering, Biotechnology & Bioengineering, Advanced Material, and Environmental Engineering Technology & Sustainability.
This program’s courses are enhanced by embedding Professional Certifications including Smart 3D Modelling Software (Intergraph) and Ergonomic Trained Person. With credit transfer eligibility of up to 57 credits, graduates from this programme can continue and complete Bachelor of Chemical Engineering Technology at UniKL MICET in 2.5 years. This programme is also in line with the post pandemic socioeconomics drivers, which are focused on energy, smart technology and systems, water and food, environment, and biodiversity.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
UniKL graduates who are :
- PEO 1
UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the requirement of the human capital in chemical and/or process/food/polymer/bioprocess/environment engineering technology related industry.
- PEO 2
UniKL graduates who are effective leaders with teamwork skills, as well as verbal and nonverbal interpersonal communication skills;
- PEO 3
UniKL graduates who are committed towards the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement;
- PEO 4
UniKL graduates who are professional, ethical, and socially responsible;
- PEO 5
UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Majors in chemical engineering will be able to:
- PLO 1
Knowledge: Apply knowledge of applied mathematics, applied science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialisation as specified in DK1 to DK4 respectively to wide practical procedures and practices in chemical and process/food/polymer/bioprocess/environment engineering technology.
- PLO 2
Problem analysis: Identify and analyse well-defined engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using codified methods of analysis specific to their field of activity (DK1 to DK4).
- PLO 3
Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations (DK5).
- PLO 4
Investigation: Conduct investigations of well-defined problems; locate and search relevant codes and catalogues, conduct standard tests and measurements.
- PLO 5
Modern Tool Usage: Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools to well-defined engineering problems, with an awareness of the limitations (DK6).
- PLO 6
The Engineer and Society: Demonstrate knowledge of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering technician practice and solutions to well-defined engineering problems (DK7).
- PLO 7
Environment and Sustainability: Understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of engineering technician work in the solution of well-defined engineering problems in societal and environmental contexts.
- PLO 8
Ethics: Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of technician practice.
- PLO 9
Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member in diverse technical teams.
- PLO 10
Communications: Communicate effectively on well-defined engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend the work of others, document their own work, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PLO 11
Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles, business practices, and technopreneurial competencies, as well as identify business opportunities, and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in
a technical team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- PLO 12
Life Long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent updating in the context of specialised technical knowledge.
- PLO 1
Job Prospects for Graduates of the Programme
- Chemical Manufacturing Companies
- Petroleum and Petrochemical Industries
- Energy and Transportation Industries
- Oleochemical Industries
- Safety and Health
- Design and Simulation Industries
- Bioplastic Industries
- Rubber and Latex Industries
- Cosmeceutical Industries
- Nutraceuticals Industries
- Biopharmaceutical Companies and Medical Research Institutes
- Environmental Consulting Firms
- Solid Waste and Wastewater Management Sector
Career Path for Graduates of the Programme
- Chemical Production Assistant Engineer
- Plating Technician
- Plant Assistant Engineer
- Plant 3D Software Trainer
- Laboratory Technician
- Chemical Production Assistant
- Chemical Sales & Service Technician
- Primary Production Executive
- Compounding Supervisor
- QA Executive
- Quality and Reliability Technician
- Materials Analysis Technician
- Wastewater Treatment Process Technician
(Source: Jobstreet, Careerjet)
- Religious Practices in Malaysia
- Interpersonal Skills
- Competency English
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Foreign Language 1
- General Chemistry
- Technical Mathematics 1
- Electrical Technology
- Pengajian Malaysia
- Communication English 1
- Technical Mathematics 2
- Organic & Analytical Chemistry
- Fluid Mechanics
- Material & Energy Balance
- Communication English 2
- Foreign Language 2
- Heat Transfer
- Process Instrumentation & Control
- Mass Transfer
- Industrial Safety & Health
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Engineering Statistics
- Reaction Engineering
- Engineering Drawing
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
- Final Year Project (FYP)
- Industrial Training
Elective 1: Plant Utility & Safety
Elective 2: Petrochemical & Petroleum Refining Technology
Elective 3: Plant Maintenance & Inspection
Elective 4: Oil & Fat Process Technology
Elective 1: Introduction to Bioprocess Technology
Elective 2: Principle of Microbiology
Elective 3: Analytical Methods in Bioprocessing
Elective 4: Techniques in Bioproduct Recovery
Elective 1: Rubber Processing
Elective 2: Plastics Processing
Elective 3: Latex Science & Technology
Elective 4: Composite Technology
Elective 1: Wastewater Treatment Technology
Elective 2: Air Pollution Control Technology
Elective 3: Introduction to Environmental Engineering Technology
Elective 4: Solid and Hazardous Waste Management
- Local Students Fees – RM6,840/semester
- International Students Fees – RM 7,450/semester
- Yayasan UniKL – Tengku Abdullah Scholarship Scheme / YU-TASS (formerly known as EGA Scheme) : for Master & PhD by Research only
- Work Study Scheme
- Other Financial Institutions
- SPM or equivalent with at least credit (grade C) in Mathematics and Natural Sciences or Technical based subject; OR
- Accredited Certificate in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Technical or Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 3 with PT3.
- Technical Certificate refers to certificates in an engineering field without ‘engineering’ in the programme’s name
- Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 3 programmes are accredited by the Skills Development Division (SDD) under the Ministry of Human Resource. These programmes are at Level 3 in the Malaysian Qualifications Framework
JPT (N/524/4/0072) 04/26 MQA/PA14383
542 – Chemical and Process
1. Sustainable Process Engineering
2. Biotechnology & Bioengineering
3. Advanced Material
4. Environmental Engineering Technology & Sustainability
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
Branch Campus Malaysian Institute of Chemical & Bioengineering Technology (UniKL MICET)
Lot 1988, Kawasan Perindustrian Bandar Vendor, Taboh Naning,
78000 Alor Gajah, Melaka.
+606 – 551 2011
+606 – 551 2001
CONNECT WITH #uniklmicetofficial