Career Guidance & Counseling
“The process of assisting and guiding clients, especially by a trained person on a professional basis, to resolve especially personal, social, or psychological problems and difficulties.”
Myths About Counseling
“Counseling is a sign of weakness”.“Counseling is only for people with serious emotional problems”
Going into counseling shows that you are willing to learn about yourself and ways to improve your life.
If you would like to see a counselor, please feel free to call or stop by the office at SDCL Department
Cr. Herdayuwati Binti Hussin
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : 06 – 551 2166
Cr. Nurul Adila bt Ahamad Tajuddin
Email : email@example.com
Tel : 06 – 551 2166
- The process that occurs when a client and counsellor set aside time in order to explore difficulties which may include the stressful or emotional feelings of the client.
- The act of helping the client to see things more clearly, possibly from a different view-point. This can enable the client to focus on feelings, experiences or behavior, with a goal to facilitating positive change.
- A relationship of trust. Confidentiality is paramount to successful counselling. Professional counsellors will usually explain their policy on confidentiality, they may, however, be required by law to disclose information if they believe that there is a risk to life.
Counselling is Not:
- Giving advice .
- Attempting to sort out the problems of the client.
- Getting emotionally involved with the client.
- Looking at a client’s problems from your own perspective, based on your own value system.
Pinpoint problems – understand aspects of the problems that may be improved.
- Identify negative or illogical thinking patterns that contribute to feelings of hopelessness and helplessness, and to develop a more positive outlook.
- Explore learned thoughts and behaviors that create or maintain problems.
- Regain a sense of control and pleasure in life.
- Encourage support from family and friends.
- Find solutions to life’s problems.
- Discover personal strengths and how to use those strengths to grow stronger in other areas.
Peer’ Guidance Vanguard (PGV)
Activities of Counseling & PGV Club
- Development program
- Talk/ workshop/ seminar/ camp
- Leadership program
- School/ University/ orphanage etc.
- Career development
- Awareness campaigns
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
Branch Campus Malaysian Institute of Chemical & Bio-engineering Technology (UniKL MICET)
Lot 1988, Kawasan Perindustrian Bandar Vendor, Taboh Naning,
78000 Alor Gajah, Melaka.
+606 – 551 2011
+606 – 551 2001
CONNECT WITH #UniKLMICET