Below are the most frequent asked question about UniKL. Please click the subject below for the answer.
Is UniKL MICET an IPTS or IPTA?
Universiti Kuala Lumpur MICET is the only IPTS that wholly owned by MARA, an government agency. Click here for detail.
What are the programmes offered at UniKL? Are they accredited?
UniKL programmes range from Short Courses, Professional Certificates, Diploma up to Postgraduate studies. These programmes are highly industry oriented and accredited by Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA). Thus we believe our programmes will be suitable for all students who wish to pursue tertiary education.
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering Technology (Bioprocess)
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering Technology (Environment)
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering Technology (Food)
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering Technology (Polymer)
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering Technology (Process)
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering Technology (Hons.) in Bioprocess
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering Technology (Hons.) in Environment
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering Technology (Hons.) in Food
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering Technology (Hons.) in Polymer
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering Technology (Hons.) in Process
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons.) in Biosystem
- Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (Chemical)
- Master of Engineering Technology (Chemical Engineering)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Chemical Engineering)
- Ulul Albab Programme
For More information, see our Programmes List.
What are the requirements needed in order to apply for UniKL MICET?
Click the link programme for admission and entry requirement detail.
Is there any hostel provided for the students?
When is the intake for UniKL MICET & how to apply?
There are 3 intake per year as below;
- Foundation in Science & Diploma | June & July intake
- Bachelor Degree | September
- Master / PhD | All year round
Click how to apply for more details.
What is Bioprocess ?
- Science based engineering that integrates engineering science & biotechnology disciplines which focusing into 4 specialization i.e. primary commodity product, environmental biotechnology, pharmaceutical product and industrial biotechnology.
- Apply the biological system knowledge, engineering analysis and design to solve technical problems involving living things and the natural environment.
What is Food Technology ?
A science based engineering discipline that integrates engineering science and design with principles and concepts of food science and technology. Applies the principles of Chemical engineering and food chemistry to the large-scale processing of food. Exposure to areas of food chemistry, food microbiology, food engineering, food safety, food processing & the nutritive value of food
What is Polymer ?
Polymers can be naturally available or synthesized synthetically from natural sources or petroleum. Rubber, latex, composite and thermosetting material wascovered. The manufacturing, testing and characterization, synthesis process of polymer from petroleum and natural resources were outlined and sustainability of the polymer industry from the aspect of environment.
What is Environment ?
Environmental Studies at UniKL MICET provide students with a broad foundation in chemical & environmental engineering principles, policy, safety and communication required to promote economic, social and environmental sustainability in an increasingly complex and interdependent world.
We are not only providing students with a comprehensive academic foundation but also strong hands-on experience in the basic sciences as well as the fundamentals of chemical & environmental engineering technology.
• Environmental, Occupational Safety & Health Law
• Air Pollution Control technology
• Waste Water Treatment Technology
• Noise, Sound and Vibration Control
• Water Treatment Technology
Why do We Need Environment Engineer?
What is Process ?
The programme focuses on the design, operation and maintenance of chemical and material manufacturing processes. Apart from the basic chemical engineering knowledge in mass and heat transfers, unit operations, fluid mechanics and process control, students will be specialized in petrochemical and natural gas processing, oleo chemical and other industrial process. Students will experience in the basic laboratories to the pilot plant. They will be given the opportunities to manufacture their own soap and margarine for example, refine palm oil and design own experiment.
What Are The Career Path of Process Graduates?
• Upstream Processing
• Downstream Processing
• Maintenance Workforce
• Production & Process Workforce
• Research & Laboratory Workforce
What are the Career Path, in Chemical Engineering
Current job position offered for UniKL MICET graduate as an Operation Engineer, Chemist, Product Executive, QC Inspector, Research Executive, Quality Assurance Executive, Product Specialist, Safety & Risk Engineer, Analytical Services & Laboratory Technician, Executive, Process Safety Management, Process Technology Engineer, Business Development Engineer, BioNexus Partner Executive, Programme Manager from various industries such as Deleum Oilfield Chemical, Deleum Berhad, Royce Pharma Manufacturing Sdn Bhd, Malaysian Biotechnology Corporation (BiotechCorp), Sime Darby Plantation, Pharmaniaga Manufacturing Berhad, Titan Petchem (M) Sdn Bhd, WorleyParson Services Sdn Bhd, Alfa Laval Sdn Bhd, Petronas Chemical Group, Petronas Penapisan Melaka, Talisman Energy, Schlumberger, Saudi Kayan Petrochemical Company Saudi, Bayer Material Science AG. Leverkusen, Germany, Shell Trading Sdn Bhd and others.
if you need more information or doubt, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for your precious time and your interest in UniKL.
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
Branch Campus Malaysian Institute of Chemical & Bio-engineering Technology (UniKL MICET)
Lot 1988, Kawasan Perindustrian Bandar Vendor, Taboh Naning,
78000 Alor Gajah, Melaka.
+606 – 551 2011
+606 – 551 2001
CONNECT WITH #UniKLMICET