OFFICE & ASSET MANAGEMENT UNIT
Office & Asset Management Unit
This Unit of Office & Asset Management is responsible for managing and handling general office function and operations. This unit is to provide a conducive and sustainable environment for learning, teaching and research by providing comfortable office workspace and facilities.
Under Asset Management function, is to provide inputs to asset planning, the acquisition, in-service/maintenance support for the developments of assets as well as to support disposal of the physical assets by providing the systems & facilities needed to support the assets throughout their life.
Fleet & Transportation Management
Among others are to manage and maintain the company vehicles for staff and students with proper SOP and guidelines on the usage. On maintenance aspect, certain schedules are being prepared to ensure that the vehicles are in good condition.
On the other note, OAM is also responsible in maintaining and monitoring on fleet card transaction for vehicles with monthly report is produced for review and control purpose.
Keys & Access Control
For keys to be issued, a key request form needs to be submitted to OAM unit.
Space Planning and Management
The Unit of Office & Asset Management is working progressively to ensure better use of UniKL MICET facilities, and in particular, the use of space. Depending on requirements, OAM conducts space utilization reviews, ranging from individual rooms, to whole-campus reviews. Space utilisation reviews involve auditing the number of students using the various learning and teaching facilities on campus. Reviews are generally undertaken during central timetable operating hours (8am to 6pm) for a period of one week. Information made available through the reviews help to develop strategies for future planning and provision of learning and teaching spaces across the University.
Sport and Recreation Facilities
- Futsal Court with lighting
- 2 Takraw Court
- 2 External basketball courts
- 2 Tennis courts
- 2 Volleyball courts
- Netball court
- Indoor sports arena catering for indoor sports such as badminton and table tennis
- Football & Rugby Field
- Fully equipped exercise gym
- Large areas for general outdoor sport and recreation
OAM Unit will be responsible in handling any event occurred on campus involving external parties and to liaise with Corporate Affairs & Branding (CAB) Chancellery for updates protocol matters
UniKL MICET Green Creating Awareness Across Campus.
UniKL MICET has establish awareness of energy saving among staff & students. Several training on Energy Saving & Efficiency has been attended by one staff from each unit in OAM, Maintenance & Facilities and Academic. Current status, we are working closely with ‘MIGHT’ (Malaysia Industry-Government Group for High Technology) company which we undergo their program on Energy Efficiency. This is our first step in making UniKL MICET the first GREEN CAMPUS in Universiti Kuala Lumpur.
One of the objectives will be continue to aggressively pursue energy efficiency on campus. Besides, we will implement a recognized framework to manage, measure and improve our performance.
What can you do –
1. Plant trees that are native to your local area.
2. Turn off lights when office/work areas are unoccupied especially in common places like bathroom, classroom, laboratories & lecture halls. Lights use more electricity than you think. As for classroom, also ensure all LCD projectors are switched off before leaving the room. In an office or communal space, implement a “Last to Leave” policy–the last person to leave the room turns off the lights, LCD projectors, computers & air conditioners
3. Activate sleep or hibernate modes on computers. Better
yet, turn them off when not in use! Today’s devices are designed for sleep mode settings and frequent shut-downs. Attached is the manual activating on how this can be implemented. You may refer to IT for further assistance.
4. Report any problems with a leaky sink, shower, or toilet to MAFU under ‘MICET Maintenance’.
5. Unplug electronics from the wall when they are not in use, especially those that are rarely used. Many appliances continue to draw power even when they are turned off. You can also try plugging them into a power strip / extension.
6. Keep thermostats set to reasonable temperatures for air conditioners, suggested at 24〫C-25〫C.
Encourage others to do their part. You can make a difference!
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
Branch Campus Malaysian Institute of Chemical & Bio-engineering Technology (UniKL MICET)
Lot 1988, Kawasan Perindustrian Bandar Vendor, Taboh Naning,
78000 Alor Gajah, Melaka.
+606 – 551 2000
+606 – 551 2001
CONNECT WITH #UniKLmicet